Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2- I <3 Disposable Cameras



Today's picture is from a disposable camera. I took this about a month ago in Huntington Beach. I always loved the way the smoke stacks looked as though they were cloud machines and I wanted to capture the moment. The sun was setting and I only had a few minutes, I pulled my car over and parked in the red zone, put the emergency blinkers on and got out the car. The streets were empty and I stood up against the fence, making sure the lens was not blocked by the chain links. I took the picture with a slight prayer that it will show up. 
I am very happy with how this picture came out. It captured more than I had anticipated. I love the mysterious element of 35mm now that we live in a world of instant  satisfaction such as with the digital camera. With 35mm, I think about my shots more and I take my time. With the disposable, I don't mess with the focus, what I see is what I capture, and sometimes more. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture especially now I see it from your perspective. They will forever now be cloud machines. It's interesting how your initial reaction to a picture can be changed after there is a story attached to it.

    ReplyDelete