Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 15: Captured


California, 35mm SLR
When you think you have a shot, just take it, don't question it. 
This is one of my favorite pictures because of the color contrast of the focused blue sky framed in the mirror with a person inside against the lush green and yellow that is out of focus. 
With the 35mm, I hesitate at times for the shot because I am thinking about how much film I have left. Sometimes a shot will pass me by as I stand there and contemplate, and sometimes time shot looks even better because I waited and framed it. 
Using film has definitely taught me the art of patience and I have grown to truly appreciate what it means to compose and frame a shot. Using 35mm will help me segway into using the 4x5 camera and how very limited shots we have with that. 
However, I thrive on limitations and believe that through it, creativity can thrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment