Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 23: Split Filters



This picture was part of a series in which I used two filters to develop in the dark room. It was a major learning experience for me and I am so grateful to have been shown how to use multiple filters to develop a range of tones.

The original problem I had with developing this shot was the lighter tones did not have a chance to develop and many details were lost when exposed for a short period and the dark tones became to dark and the details were also lost if I extended the exposure time for the shot to develop the lighter areas.

I was then shown how to use two filters to fully develop details for all the tones and I am very satisfied with how the picture was developed. I always refer back to shots from these series as a guide for splitting filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment