Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 29: Immortalized



At the end of it all, we don't want to be forgotten.


Why do we mark things that are not ours? Why do we need to see our names etched into something? 


I have concluded we are ensuring that when we leave this world, we have made some kind of permanent imprint and we will live on through these etchings. In passing someone will read our names, our messages and will wonder who this person was. In that one small moment, we are thought of. 


I wonder what will be remember of me, what will be left of me when my time is over. I wonder if this blog will remain, if my written and online journals will be found and I wonder what kind of contribution I will have made, who did I touch, what kind of difference have I made and what of mine will live on. I wonder if my pictures will be discarded, my negatives scattered and my writing forever erased. I hope that whoever finds this years and years from now, they will see the passion I have for the things and people I love. 


I hope that whatever of mine, whether it be physical and or a memory, will make a difference in someone's life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment