Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 11- Ideas ideas


405 freeway. iPhone.

Today is the anniversary of 9/11. It has been amazing to see how we have evolved from that day and have managed to move forward as a community, nation and world. It is not that we have forgotten but we know that the only thing we can do is rebuild in all shape and form and continue on.

After much contemplation, I have decided to narrow my ideas down to either portraits of hands or shoes. I am very interested in how both are reflective of each individual.

What inspired me for hands traces back to when I was little. I remember holding onto my father's hands and seeing how the wedding ring covered a small part of skin that was untouched by the rough nature of his machinist hands. I remember tracing my fingers over the deep lines set in his palms.

Our hands are so integrated into who we are and what we do. Just as we have our mother's eyes or our father's nose, our hands features reflect our parents as well.

I am still debating between hands and and possibly shoes.

1 comment: