Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 54: Old World Run Through and Idea


(Westminster, October 2009)

A few weeks ago I did a test run with the 4x5 camera for the Old World Style Portrait assignment using the instant film back. I was able to try different poses and lighting styles and see them right away. This also helped me become more comfortable with the camera. It is indeed a gentle giant and requires an immense amount of patience.

Doing the run through also helped my model, my roommate, become more comfortable with the setting.

The theme for my old world is Old World Vietnam during the early 1900's which was during the later years of the French Colonization of Vietnam. During this time Catholicism was introduced to the country.

My portrait centers around the idea of holding onto tradition and religion which will be portrayed through the model wearing the traditional ao dai and holding the Buddhist prayer beads and prayer book.

No comments:

Post a Comment