Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 46: Enjoying the Weekend



(San Francisco, October 2009)

I'm in San Francisco this weekend for the Nike Women's Half Marathon. The weather is great and the energy is contagious.

I was nervous about running this race because it's only my second half marathon, but it is so inspiring to see all the people who have flown across the country to participate. It is also a very well organized and it benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am honored to be running in a race that is so popular participants are picked through raffling!

The city's energy is always so uplifting and when I'm back, I just want to stay there and walk around and take it all in. I've always been in love with San Francisco and have had a great desire to live there, even as a child. One day...

We started the morning with tea time at Lovejoy. I've never had tea time before and it was very cute with the mini sandwiches and pots of tea. Lovely time with wonderful friends and mini cucumber sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment