Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 142: L'intermédiaire (The In Between)




(Huntington Beach, January 2010) 

California has been hit with a series of storms in the past few days that have resulted in floods, landslides and power outages. I have seen storms like these living in San Jose, but this is the first time I'm experiencing weather like this in Orange County.

After work I decided to take a detour and head to the beach to see the waves and how the storm was hitting the shores of California. When I got there, I was surprised to see there were a few dozen people there doing the same thing.

I parked by the pier and sat in my car to watch the waves crash over and over again for a while then I pulled out my 35mm SLR and stepped outside. The winds were extremely strong and the rain was coming down sideways. It was cold, but it felt exhilarating to stand by the shore and experience nature. The air was salty and I could taste the sea.

I took this picture with my iPhone just as there was a break in the rain. I am looking forward to seeing what I captured on film. I plan on going back today, better equipped with my all weather jacket and shoes to get down to the pier and watch the waves come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment