Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 123: Goals Not Resolutions

(Balboa, January 2010) 

What a great day New Years day has been. This morning Aron and I went to the city of Laguna and took a hike per recommendation of my roommate. There was no fog, the temperature was in the 70's and the clouds were beautiful.

After about more than a month of not doing any cardio activity, the hike was slightly challenging for me with the drastic incline, but it only reminded me that I need to get going on my training with another half marathon right around the corner!

The view at the top was worth the slight struggle. The clouds painted across the blue skies in various strokes and horizon was extremely clear. I took some pictures with the Hasselblad and will be posting them when I develop them.

Going up there allowed me time to reflect and take in everything. When standing so high above and seeing everything, you realize how small you are and how you really are just one grain of sand in this world and it humbles you. I thought about the past year and all that has happened and all that I have gone through. There were low moments, but then there were really high moments. This was a year of great life lessons that I will always remember. I learned that once you have hit the bottom, all you can do is swim back up.

One of the biggest accomplishments from this year was being able to fully pursue photography by making time to take classes and dedicate myself to it. It has always been a part of my life, but now I have been able to learn it, appreciate it even more and work on it.

Due to photography, I have been able to meet wonderful people who have helped me along my path in photography as well as life.

2009 was a tough year for a lot of people I know, but we are very positive about 2010. I am looking forward to all that this year will have in store.

I don't generally make resolutions because they seem more like wishes to me. I like to set a few goals for the year. This will allow me to create the path to reach the goals and I will be able to measure the success of it by whether or not I had reached that goal. Sometimes the goals will take longer than one year to attain and every year I can reflect and see what else I can do to reach the goal. Other goals can be done in less than a year or even a month. Whether they be long term goals or short term, goals have always worked for me.

I haven't made time to really think about what I want to accomplish this year, but now I will and when I do, I'll be back to let you know.

What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment