Friday, April 23, 2010

Rebirth.

 (Irvine, April 2010, iPhone)
 I've been putting so much pressure on myself lately with my photography that I end up not posting anything. I have been thinking about this way too hard. What started out as a personal journal for me to post my photography has become a dread at times because I never felt as though I had anything to show, when I forgot, this is for me to show what I take. Yes, sometimes the pictures will not be as ideal as I want, but it's all a part of being an artist and growing. Sometimes we have to work through our rough patches to get to the good stuff. How can I grow if I am constantly holding myself back through fear and hesitation.

After a few moments of serious doubt in my photography and where I want it to go, I realized, this is a love, a passion of mine and I am doing a great disservice to myself by not doing anything at all due to fear and self doubt.

I named this my Photo Journey, and it should be a journey, through the good, bad and great. I want to be able to look back at this and remember the moment the picture was captured and I strayed from that fact by pressuring myself to only put up the most perfect picture I could find of my batch while my boxes of pictures started piling up, my card reader became filled and my phone (my beloved iPhone) held thousands of images.

So this is my rebirth of my passion. This is my place to post images I have captured, same mission, different approach. These are moments in my life captured through all forms of cameras, from my 35mm SLR, point and shoot, DSLR, Hasselblad and phone...and whatever else falls into my hands.

I want to continue to always discover and grow as a person, as an artist. I'm taking this back, this is mine, my life, my moments and my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment