Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 181: Male Muse

 
(Santa Monica, February 2010) 

Continuing my weekend of exploring, I met with my friend Matt in Santa Monica to take some pictures with my new/used 30D. After many years of resisting the DSLR, I bought one earlier this year and this weekend was my first time taking the camera out.

It was a lot of fun using the camera and Matt, like my other friends was  patient with me stopping and taking pictures constantly, even if it was mid conversation.

I have taken other pictures of Matt and he was my subject for an assignment I shot in the past, so it was nice to update his pictures with digital ones. It's always a pleasure to take pictures of him because he's very natural and he doesn't change when he sees the camera come out. I called him my male muse because he has inspired me to do more portraits, specifically of males.

We ended the day with pizza and a conversation while sitting on some stools looking out to the dark streets of Santa Monica. Looking forward to using the 30D more and finding more spots in Southern California.

No comments:

Post a Comment